Chester Bennington 20.07.2017 – 41 years old
- Had spoken openly about his troubled childhood.
- Struggled with depression and addiction.
Chris Cornell 17.05.2017 – 52 years old
- Spoke publicly about his experience with depression for years.
- Allegedly was over prescribed anti-anxiety medication and other drugs which it is claimed, later led to his suicide.
Kurt Cobain 05.04.1994 – 27 years old
- Had been diagnosed with depression at high “secondary” school.
- Became addicted to heroin.
Tim Bergling (Avicii) 20.04.2018 – 28 years old
- Family believe he “really struggled with thoughts about meaning, life, happiness”
- Also believed to have struggles “with the business machine he found himself in” [the music industry].
- Despite “quitting” touring in 2016 – Tim continued to make music until his passing.
Ian Curtis 18.05.1980 – 23 years old
- Many accounts state he struggled with epilepsy and depression.
Keith Flint 04.03.2019 – 49 years old
- Coroner has declared Keith’s death as “an open conclusion”
- He had taken cocaine, alcohol and codeine before hanging himself – it is unclear if the intention was death or if he was “larking around and it all went horribly wrong” whilst under the influence of a mix of drugs and alcohol.
Kim Jonghyun 18.12.2017 – 27 years old
- As lead singer of a K-pop bang, he struggled with “intense pressure on performers in the country’s entertainment industry”
Bob Welch 07.06.2012 – 66 years old
- He reportedly had fears regarding some health problems and complications.
Paul Williams 17.08.1973 – 34 years old
- Had health problems which led to him leaving the group “The Temptations”.
- Paul had expressed thoughts about self-harm in the past.